Playwicki Remembered

The best way to remember the Farm is by looking at a time line. This includes some prehistoric history and recent history and current happenings. Prehistoric history is covered in the Archaeology of the farm dating from circa 7000–6500 BC through the period of contact between the Native Americans. This is documented by arrowhead from this period found on Playwicki Farm. Recent history engages the European contact with the Native Americans to present. 

Time Line

1681 William Penn receives charter from King Charles II
1684 Christopher Taylor buys 500 acres fronting the Neshaminy Creek
1696 Carter ownership begins
1764 Van Artsdalen ownership begins
1925 Mercer Monument is installed at Playwicki Farm
1937 Snodgrass ownership begins
1990 Legal battle between Snodgrass heirs and Lower Southampton begins
1994 Lower Southampton Township purchases Playwicki Farm
1999 Grand Opening

Since the opening of the Farm wonderful changes to the property; such as walking paths and woodland trail and events sponsored by the Playwicki Farm Foundation have enable the community to enjoy this jewel in Lower Southampton Township.